I’m so pleased to announce that from this version Player may save his highscore. By taping on trophy icon, he may also view an in-game top 10 highscores leaderboard.
Full leaderboard is available on bikosaur.com.
This leaderboard solution uses PHP & MySQL. It passes some AJAX requests to connect to database, and get/save highscores.
This is probably not the best solution, but I have to be honest here — This was a tricky part for me. For now, it exactly does its job: save a score and update leaderboard.
I also added few short sounds while Player is doing important actions like: kill a kitty (w/ animation), and collect a Unicorn Steak, Clock or Thunder item. It gives more dynamic to the game.
Well, give a try to this new version and beat some highscores.
Don’t forget to login to save your higher one so that your name appears in the leaderboard. 👾
See you soon!
– – – – – – – – – –
- Added a puff animation while Player kills a kitty;
- Added following sound effects, while:
- Player kills a kitty;
- Player collects a Unicorn Steak;
- Player collects a Clock item;
- Player collects a Thunder item;
- Implemented Login logic and connected game to server — Likeso:
- Player may login and save his highscore. He must fill-in his name/nickname and e-mail address;
- Player may logout;
- Created an in-game leaderboard view of top 10 highscores. Player may access it by taping on trophy icon (while in Pause or Die game state). Full leaderboard is visible on bikosaur.com;
- Cleaned show/hide functions for HUD texts;
- Cleaned Gamestate changes & related code. Use functions for Hide/Show elements;
- Cleaned few functions and created an Event Listener function for buttons;
- Added some “Trigger once” events to clean behavior of HUD buttons;
- Removed useless Mouse events that were causing conflicts. If you use Touch events in Construct 2, it also works for Mouse users. GJ Scirra!;
- Fixed inputs width on Login box;
- Added some offline events. When browser is offline, Leaderboard & Login buttons are inactive;
- Enhance Leaderboard view. Just to make it prettier;
- Export & test a NW.js version of the game — so that game is also playable as a native app on desktop devices (macOS, Windows, and Linux);
- Add several song effects;
- Update Help section with new features;
- Finish Hero animations, and implement them;